RSS
Facebook
Twitter

2/21/2013

Simala Shrine Sibonga Cebu


      
       Before I went to this place, I often heard many people who came here to fulfill their promise. According to them, that the Holy Virgin of Simala granted their wishes and prayers and they wanted to return to give thanks for the blessings they got. That time, I was curious and I also wanted to go to this place to personally experience what they also experienced. The time came and at last I see the place with my own two eyes. I was so amazed when I first saw it, I felt like I was about to enter in a very nice castle. I was so excited to climb up at the top. And there, I really appreciate what I saw. There is a church, there is place where you can write your petitions and there is a part there where you can see all written testimonials from people from different walks of life thanking the Holy Virgin of Simala to the miracle they have experienced, the people who have serious diseases that have been cured, some became successful in their careers, some passed the board exams, etc. Amazing! that's what I told myself that time. But I remind myself that merely asking wishes will not be granted if you don't have a strong faith in God. That when you pray, it must be from the deepest part of your soul.


        I was happy because unexpectedly I met a friend when I was writing my mass offering I gave it to him and after he read the names that I wrote, he asked me if I knew him, when I saw his face I recognized that he is also from Carmen, the town where I lived. And that he is one of the monk who lived in the beautiful shrine.What a small world!! ( :


1 comment:

  1. ..soon makapunta din ako dyan :)

    http://www.thebackpackman.com

    ReplyDelete