RSS
Facebook
Twitter

3/26/2013

Underground River at Puerto Princesa Palawan

Years ago, I am so lucky to reach the one of the distinguished protected areas in the Philippines, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. I described my trip that time as unplanned, unexpected but full of excitement since it was my first time to step on the land of Palawan.  I was with my friends, Mayen and Celay, who persuaded me to go with them on their trip to Palawan. Thanks to them because it was one of the nice trips I had.

From the city to Underground River, we traveled more than 2 hours to reach Sabang, a place where the Underground River is located. We rented a van during that time that cost as more but it’s worth it, so no regrets.  Nowadays, lots of tourists choose tour packages available from local tour companies. And there are travelers who choose to commute like backpackers and others who wish to stay at Sabang overnight.  Be reminded that in order to go to the Underground River, you must first secure a PERMIT at least one day before your trip at the Underground River Booking Office (earlier the better coz getting the permit as early as possible is indispensable to ensure that you can be scheduled to go inside the cave at the earliest possible time kasi marami marami ding mga visitors na nagpupunta doon. Pagdating nyo sa sabang port, hihingin sa inyo yong permit. You will also pay for the boat who will take you to the Underground River entrance.
 Preparing to enter Underground River...

 Ready to go...I was excited and I was very curious what's inside the cave and what made it different from other caves in the Philippines.


I saw this one of the amazing stalactite formations inside the cave. There are several stalactite and stalagmite formations as you go along inside the Underground River. Like this one in the picture, the stalagmite formation looked like Jesus Christ's image.I thank the Lord for that priceless experience.


 The Underground River is the longest navigable Underground River in the world.  It is included as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. It is one of the places you must visit in Puerto Princesa. It is said that you haven’t really gone to Puerto Princesa if you did not go the Underground River.

0 comments:

Post a Comment